Saturday, July 4, 2015

Ironing Board Cover Tutorial

I made a new ironing board cover. It looks sooooo much nicer than my old one. Here's he tutorial:

First, take off your old cover and lay it flat. Cut the string (or elastic) in several places. 
Lay it flat on your fabric. 
Cut around. I cut mine about 1/4"-1/2" away from the old cover, but don't do that. Mine is kind of loose.
Zigzag stitch around the fabric over the yarn. Just try not to stitch on the yarn!
It will look like this:
Put it on your ironing board and pull the yarn to gather it and make it fit. Tie the yarn in a tight knot. 
You are finished! 

One downside: Whenever I sew with that fabric, it is hard to see the fabric when I iron it!

Do you have any tips for making a new ironing board cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment