Tuesday, May 5, 2015

JL's Birthday and a Lego Cake

Today is JL's Birthday! I made him a Lego cake yesterday and I will show you how to do it. 

First I baked two square cakes and four cupcakes. I stacked the square cakes on top of each other with frosting in between. Then I covered it in a thin layer of frosting called the crumb coat. 
I refrigerated it until firm. Then I started decorating! I used star tip #18 and yellow frosting. 
The lettering in blue:
I covered the whole thing with frosting and added Lego men holding these Lego stick things that are glued to candles.
Do you have any other ideas for a Lego cake? I would love to hear feedback!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very colorful and fun cake! Happy Birthday my dear nephew John Louis! Look at what your sister made for you! 😉👍💚

Post a Comment